Our Make it in March competition has had over 300 entries and we’ve finally whittled them down to our two winners. The standard of entries to the competition has been incredibly high and there are some fantastic makers out there. But, there can only be two winners and here they are!
Over 16 winner
This is a bedding or washing chest in oak, made in the Cotswold Arts & Crafts style. It lives at the bottom of a Cotswold-style A&C queen-size bed also of oak. It’s frame & panel construction with a few typical Cotswold motifs such as half-cogged dovetails and pinned through tenons. The lid and the floor are slatted to allow the cloth things in it to “breathe”. The bottom slats also include cedar to see-off the moths.
16 and under winner
Designed and made this in March for my GCSE project. Brief: a child’s toy box. Features marine theme, rope handles, coloured blocks/numbers, fun wheels & safety stay. Great fun, learnt lots incl. how to biscuit joint, resin pot pencils + turn on lathe & CAD/CAM.
Competition now closed
We know it’s been a bit cold, but what better way to keep warm than getting creative in the workshop for our Make it in March competition. We’ve teamed up with our friends at BOSCH to create the ultimate tool bundle for the winner. Simply upload a picture of a woodworking project or job that you’ve done this March for your chance of winning the ultimate tool bundle worth over £600.
We have two competitions, one for ages 16 and under and one for over 16’s.
Entries can be submitted by uploading a photo to either Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #MakeitinMarch and the tag @axminstertools or, if you are 16 and under, use the hashtag #MakeitinMarch16U. Alternatively, contestants can upload a photo via the Facebook app or from a user’s desktop or mobile device using the tag @axminstertoolcentre and stating if you are 16 and under. If you prefer, upload a photograph via The Community Forum under the Make it in March Competition 2018 post and use either the #MakeitinMarch or #MakeitinMarch16U hashtag.
- There is no purchase necessary to enter but Standard broadband rates apply.
- The competition is limited to one entry per user.
- The competition closes at Midnight on 07/04/18.
We’ve teamed up with our friends at Bosch to create the ultimate tool bundle for the winners worth over £600.
Picking the Winner
The two winners will be picked by a team of judges who will be looking for an interesting well-made project. The winning entries will be selected after the competition has closed. Both the winner and runner up will be informed by way of direct message. All winners will be published on our Knowledge website. Upon confirmation of the winning entrants, confirmation of acceptance and details must be provided within 7 days. We reserve the right to pick a new winner and runner up if the requested information is not provided within the specified time period.
Terms & Conditions
- Entrants under 18 will need parental or guardian permission to enter;
- Only one entry per person is permitted and separate social accounts should not be used;
- Entries that are discovered to come from the same person will result in disqualification;
- Duplicate content taken from other sites will not be allowed and will result in removal and disqualification;
- This competition is open to UK residents only;
- Axminster employees and their immediate families are not eligible for the prize;
- Any entries with abusive, threatening or offensive language will be removed, blocked and disqualified from the competition;
- Once we have confirmed the winner and runner up, we will aim to deliver the prizes within a week;
- This promotion is not connected to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram nor is it sponsored, supported or organised by Facebook, Twitter or Instagram;
- By entering this competition, you agree to have your name, location and photo featured in future Axminster Tools & Machinery promotional material.
If you would like to contact us regarding the competition you can do so by writing to Axminster Tools and Machinery Limited, Unit 10 Weycroft Avenue, Axminster, Devon EX13 5PH, United Kingdom or alternatively emailing us at email@example.com.
Visit our How To section for inspiration.