And the Winners are…
This year’s Make It In March Competition has now ended! Thank you to everyone who entered. We have received a huge number of entries which showcased the pure talent within our customers. But, I’m afraid to say there can only be one (or in this case three) winners!
Congratulations Nic Marshall for coming first and winning the ultimate tool bundle!
Here’s what our judges had to say about your project…
Cool design, designed for a practical purpose, nice choice of contrasting materials, crisp and well made.
If he is new to woodwork then I am impressed, as there seem to be some challenging things for him to master.
Also, congratulations to our two runners up Jane Carpenter and Scott Hamilton!
The competition is now closed but you can see the other entries here…
Our Make It In March competition is back!
Your chance to win the ultimate tool bundle worth over £1000 is here once again! Since it’s inception two years ago, our Make It In March competition has been encouraging makers across the UK to get making; and since each year’s been a huge success we’re bringing it back for round three! This year not only are we giving away our grand prize, but two runners up will also receive a £75 Gift Card each to spend at Axminster Tools.
For our 2020 competition, as well as teaming up with some fantastic suppliers again, we’ve thrown some of our well known brands including Axminster Craft and Rider into our top prize to give you the chance of winning the ultimate tool bundle.
Simply make a woodworking project in the month of March 2020 and follow the entry procedure below for your chance to win!
Meet the judges
This year we’re delighted to welcome our team of judges; two industry experts with a wealth of knowledge between them. Richard Lee and Mark Woodhead will be looking for interesting and well made projects to select a winner and two runners up.
Master Hutmaker and founder of Plankbridge Shepherd’s Huts. Richard trained at John Makepeace’s Hooke Park College. From building his first hut many years ago the business has grown to examples being purchased by the award winning Pig hotel group, exhibit regularly at the RHS Chelsea Flower Show, and featured in Homes & Gardens Magazine and more. Plankbridge now creates classic, elegant living spaces, often self-contained with bathrooms and kitchens. Their huts are shipped all over the world – New York, Portugal, France, Switzerland and beyond.
Find out more
Production Manager for Halstock Cabinet Makers, Mark is among the team at Halstock who design, manufacture and install luxury bespoke interiors. Renowned for both their luxury bespoke interiors and their years of experience and craftsmanship. Halstock caters for the most bespoke projects whilst retaining the elegance, intricacy and beauty that make them the masters of their craft.
Find out more
How to enter
Take a photo of your project.
Use the #MakeItInMarch20 hashtag and upload it to one of the following;
- Instagram or Twitter and tag @axminstertools
- Facebook and tag @axminstertoolcentre
- The Community Forum under the Make it in March Competition 2020 post
Win the ultimate tool bundle worth over £1000 or one of two £75 Axminster Gift Cards.
The Make It In March competition is limited to one entry per user. The competition closes at midnight on 06/04/2020.
Picking the winners
The winner and two runners up will be picked by our two judges, Mark Woodhead and Richard Lee, who will be looking for an interesting and well made project. The winning entry and runners up will be selected after the competition has closed. The winner and runners up will be informed by way of direct message and will be published on our Knowledge website. Upon confirmation of the winning entrant, confirmation of acceptance and details must be provided within 7 days. We reserve the right to pick a new winner if the requested information is not provided within the specified time period.
Terms & Conditions
- Entrants under 18 will need parental or guardian permission to enter;
- Only one entry per person is permitted and separate social accounts should not be used;
- Entries that are discovered to come from the same person will result in disqualification;
- Duplicate content taken from other sites will not be allowed and will result in removal and disqualification;
- This competition is open to UK residents only;
- Axminster employees and their immediate families are not eligible for the prize;
- Any entries with abusive, threatening or offensive language will be removed, blocked and disqualified from the competition;
- Once we have confirmed the winner, we will aim to deliver the prize within a week;
- This promotion is not connected to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram nor is it sponsored, supported or organised by Facebook, Twitter or Instagram;
- By entering this competition, you agree to have your name, location and photo featured in future Axminster Tools & Machinery promotional material.
- There is no purchase necessary to enter but standard broadband rates apply.