We have received hundreds of entries in this year’s Make it in March Competition and we have enjoyed seeing what you have all been making and the huge amount of talent on display among our customers.
Thank you to everybody who entered. Sadly, the competition has now closed, which means we have chosen our winning entries.
And the winner is…
Congratulations to The Reverend Matt Malins from Leek, who was chosen by our Skill Centre team as 2021’s Make it in March competition winner with his solid Bubinga stave drum kit, including 20″ 14″ and 10″ shells.
Matt wins our top prize, a tool bundle worth more than £1,500.
Here’s what our judges had to say:
Matt has done a great job of bringing lots of components together to make this amazing drum kit. The use of materials and his accuracy has produced an incredible finished project. What an achievement!
The runners up
Congratulations also go to Michael Terry who produced a range of wooden woodland creatures and Alex Reynolds for his Beech Lancaster Bomber, who were both chosen as our runners up. Each will each receive a £75 Axminster Tools gift card.
The judges said:
We love the care and attention to detail that has been put into the Lancaster Bomber. All the small components show real skill. It just invites you to pick up and play with it. And lots of techniques are on display with the woodland creatures. Turning, scroll saw and airbrushing have brought these woodland creatures to life.
Congratulations to all three winners.
This competition has now closed
Make March the month for making your mark and share with us your projects to be in with a chance of winning a top tool bundle from Axminster Tools, worth more than £1,500!
Whether it’s modelmaking, woodturning or furniture making, we want to see what you are making this March.
Launched more than three years ago, our Make it in March competition has grown in popularity and encourages woodworkers to get in their workshops and produce a range of top quality projects to share with us.
And not only do we have a top prize tool bundle to giveaway, but two runners up will also receive a £75 Gift Card each, to spend at Axminster Tools.
To be in with a chance of winning, simply make a woodworking project in the month of March 2021 and follow the entry procedure below.
How to enter
Show us what projects you have completed this March by uploading your photo to Instagram, Facebook or on to our Community Forum.
Simply take a photo of your project.
Use the #MakeItInMarch21 hashtag, tag @axminstertools and upload it to one of the following;
- Instagram or Twitter and tag @axminstertools
- Facebook and tag @axminstertools
- The Community Forum under the Make it in March Competition 2021 post
Win the ultimate tool bundle worth more than £1,500 or one of two £75 Axminster Tools Gift Cards.
The Make It In March competition is limited to one entry per user. The competition closes at midnight on 01/04/2021.
Meet the judges
This year our fabulous Skill Centre team have the difficult task of judging entries.
Jason was introduced to woodturning at the age of 12. He went on to pursue his interest in woodwork, and gained a BA (Hons) degree in Furniture Design and Management.
Ben’s eye for all things creative is second to none and he’s never happier than when he’s demonstrating and encouraging people to unlock their creative side. His previous role as Workshop Technician means he has a vast knowledge of all things woodwork.
Woodworking Tutor and our Head of Staff Training, Craig has more than 30 years of experience in the woodworking industry. Craig works closely with the Axminster Tools development team in helping with new product design and testing.
Picking the winners
The winner and two runners up will be picked by our team of judges after the competition has closed. The winner and runners up will be informed by way of direct message and will be announced on one of our live Woodworking Wisdom streams and published on our Knowledge website and social media.
Upon confirmation of the winning entrant, confirmation of acceptance and details must be provided within seven days. We reserve the right to pick a new winner if the requested information is not provided within the specified time period.
Terms & Conditions
- Entrants under 18 will need parental or guardian permission to enter;
- Only one entry per person is permitted and separate social media accounts should not be used;
- Entries that are discovered to come from the same person will result in disqualification;
- Duplicate content taken from other sites will not be allowed and will result in removal and disqualification;
- This competition is open to UK residents only;
- By entering this competition, you represent and warrant that you own the content you are submitting and there are no other entities with ownership claims over it;
- Axminster Tools employees and their immediate families are not eligible for the prize;
- Any entries with abusive, threatening or offensive language will be removed, blocked and disqualified from the competition;
- Once we have confirmed the winner, we will aim to deliver the prize within a week;
- This promotion is not connected to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram nor is it sponsored, supported or organised by Facebook, Twitter or Instagram;
- By entering this competition, you agree to have your name, location, photo and entry featured in the promotion of this competition and any future Axminster Tools promotional material;
- There is no purchase necessary to enter, but standard broadband rates apply.