Axminster Tools began life 50 years ago in the rural market town of Axminster in East Devon. In an age before computers, when virtually all jobs were done manually, two sons joined their father and together they opened a high street shop. The early years were hard; the hours were long and at times it was difficult to make ends meet. A passion for great craftsmanship and a job well done got them through and before long, the family business earned a reputation as a trusted tool shop run by friendly and knowledgeable experts, with a service second to none. The rest is history, as they say, but we couldn’t let 50 years pass us by without celebrating our heritage. Let’s look back at some of the milestones that have taken Axminster Tools from a small high street shop to the global mail order business it is today.
The Axminster Tools story
Who better to tell our story than the family behind the business? We gathered them together to talk about how it all began, passing the baton to the next generation and the vision for the future of Axminster Tools.
We share your passion
So much has changed and yet our roots remain firmly embedded in a passion for woodworking, a sense of family belonging and a set of values that ensure we always put the customer first.
Whilst we celebrate our past, it’s important to look to the future. We do what we do to support a sustainable future for Axminster Tools, the woodworking industry and the communities we engage with.
My family taught us the value of hard work and never giving up on your goals. We too will work hard to live up to the high standards set over the past 50 years. When you work together anything is possible and together we will continue to grow our woodworking community; so we all have a place to share our passion.
Our 50th year
To celebrate 50 years of trading we’ll be sharing even more inside knowledge and behind the scenes footage. We’ll show you around our Axminster based manufacturing facility, give you the inside scoop on how we source our top quality tools and meet more of the people behind the brand.
Simply take a photo.
Use the #AxminsterToolsTurns50 hashtag, tag @axminstertools, and upload it to one of the following;
The winner will be selected at random, each post will count as one entry and you can enter as many times as you like.
Terms & Conditions
- Entrants under 18 will need parental or guardian permission to enter;
- Duplicate content taken from other sites will not be allowed and will result in removal and disqualification;
- By entering this competition, you represent and warrant that you own the content you are submitting and there are no other entities with ownership claims over it;
- Axminster Tools employees and their immediate families are not eligible for the prize;
- Any entries with abusive, threatening or offensive language will be removed, blocked and disqualified from the competition;
- Once we have confirmed the winner, we will aim to deliver the prize within 7 days;
- This promotion is not connected to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram nor is it sponsored, supported or organised by Facebook, Twitter or Instagram;
- By entering this competition, you agree to have your name, location, photo and entry featured in the promotion of this competition and any future Axminster Tools promotional material;
- There is no purchase necessary to enter, but standard broadband rates apply.